Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Good-bye January

Well January is now at an end and I have not come close to my goal for the month, a 5 pound weight loss. I have lost only 1 tiny little pound and am sitting at 217, it is hard to believe that last August I weighed in at 212 pounds. I know that if I stick with it I can and will get down to 150 pounds (it just may take longer than what I wanted it to), but isn't that how life is?
I mentioned in my last post (not the conquer your cravings posts) that I am the proud owner of an exercise ball, well, I love it. I did 90 seconds worth of sit ups and hurt for two days. I know, my abs are WAY out of shape. I would recommend a ball to anyone who is looking at getting an ab machine. My only complaint is that you can't use it for 48 hours from the time that you blow it up. First, you have to air it up until it is 4 to 6 inches smaller than what it says it is on the box and let it sit for 24 hours. After that 24 hour time is over you finish inflating it and sit it aside for another 24 hours. Then you can use it.
They should (for the most part) be kept away from children. As you can not hit, kick, or throw them. Should any of that happen to it, it could pop. That would be a bad thing. Before I bought my ball, I thought about getting an Ab lounge (gets you up of the floor, helping your muscles to work better, enabling you to do more with less). The ball does the same thing and cost less. Sometimes as low as $11.88 for just the ball, or you can get a ball, two 3 pound hand weights, a ball stand and a DVD (and of course the pump) for around $30 at Target. The Ab Lounge is almost $100, and it takes up a large space in your home. So, before you buy your next piece of exercise equipment, take a moment to think about this. I will see you all next month.
For all of you that are interested in a cross country weight loss support group, leave a comment with your current weight, what your goal is this year (be specific please), your first name and if you want your age (totally optional). If you have anything that you would like posted e-mail me at sewbjbstyle@yahoo.com , in the subject line put healthy mom so that I will know what it is and check back for more tips on getting to that healthy weight, along with recipes and other stuff for moms.
Buffie

No comments: