Saturday, November 25, 2006

Holiday Blues

Well, this week has been a bust. Although I can't say that I tried all that hard. I did manage to gain only 1 pound, not that that in itself is completely bad, only when you are trying to lose weight.

My typical day involves a lot of sitting on my butt (TV, sewing, and board games with the little one.) What I need to do is get my bike from the storage unit and start riding again. When I was younger I walked or rode my bike everywhere. Since I've been married, its been all about the car. Maybe that's what the problem is in this country, we all rely on the automobile to get from point A to point B, when some of those trips could be made on foot.

I do have a tip that I was emailed (for those of you reading this) here it is:
Imitate a Kid They don't pay bills, get to take naps and are encouraged to snack? Kids have definitely got it made -- but at least when it comes to snacking, we grown-ups can go along for the ride. Whenever you're feeling bored with your mid-afternoon or post-work snack options, check out kids' and parenting Websites for fun, healthy recipes and snacking tips. On MealsMatter.org, we found easy recipes for a "Sunny Snack Bar" (a 140-calorie treat made with carrots, oats, walnuts, raisins and more) and "Peanut Butter Pinwheels," little "wheels" made from cutting up a tortilla topped with peanut butter and sprinkled with honey and granola. Sure, the names might be a little hokey, but they just might inject a little smile in your day -- and help you get excited about your snacking options again.

I also found this website for the biggest loser club, but I think that we can do this without paying some website $5 a week just to send us tips on how to lose weight.
Til next time, whenever that maybe.
Buffie

No comments: